Our school is located on a beautiful, leafy 12-acre site in Battersea, on the north edge of Wandsworth Common.
Its fantastic position, only 10 minutes’ walk from Clapham Junction rail station, connects the school to the hub of central London, as well as north and south of the river.
The school has the feel of a green oasis.Good Schools Guide
The handsome Victorian building at the centre of the school site was originally designed by noted architect Henry Saxon Snell (1831-1904) as the Royal Victoria Patriotic School, funded by the Royal Patriotic Fund for children orphaned during the Crimean War. At its heart is a peaceful, ornate chapel, a wonderful library with a well-stocked archive and the tranquil Queen’s courtyard, named after Queen Elizabeth I.
The Dacre building, named after the school's founder, Lady Anne Dacre, was opened in September 2017. The Dacre building is home to the creative arts.
We have always aimed to provide our pupils with the best educational environment. In the last 15 years, we have built a state-of-the-art theatre and professional film studio, well-resourced science laboratories, computing, coding and design suites and a sports hall and fitness centre.
In 2017, modern and spacious classrooms and colourful, bright and airy art studios were created with the opening of the new Dacre building. In 2018, the original Victorian building, including the reception, corridors and many classrooms, underwent significant stylistic renovations.
We have exceptional sports facilities on-site, including a large sports hall, a mini-astro, an indoor swimming pool and playing fields, as well as a further three rugby pitches and a cricket pitch at our site Blagdons (near Raynes Park). We also have the use of off-site facilities, including Barnes Hockey Club and All Stars Tennis. Find out more about our sports facilities here.
We intend to sustain the development of our classroom and teaching facilities in the years to come with our site masterplan. Find out more about upcoming site projects here.
The original Victorian building, designed by renowned architect Henry Saxon Snell in 1871.