Emanuel prides itself on being a genuine community of altruistic and aspirational young people and staff, one that shows kindness and respect to all, with a concern for pupil well-being and their holistic life at its core.
- Promoting independent thought and a lifelong curiosity for learning
- The pursuit of academic excellence
- Providing a broad-based education enabling all pupils to discover their strengths, develop their individual talents and prepare for higher education and adult life
- Providing supportive pastoral care that nurtures health and well-being, emotional maturity and spiritual richness
- Engendering respect, tolerance and understanding of the importance of caring for others and the environment
Ethos: our approaches
- Pastoral care, wellbeing and pupil happiness: we ensure that every child is recognised, included, valued and supported to enjoy their life, thrive, and be happy at our school.
- Co-curricular and community life: we cultivate an altruistic, outward-looking and caring place that helps young people enjoy a sense of fun, self-esteem and personal momentum. Emanuel is a place where they are encouraged and helped to find creative and co-curricular passions, and are given the support to sustain involvement in them.
- Academic approach: we sustain a vibrant, forward-thinking and exciting school, adding value to every pupil as a means of enhancing wellbeing - not harming it.
- Communications and actions: we are always professionally approachable, empathetic, positive and pupil-centered.