The Art department were overwhelmed by the quality of submissions for the Art Lockdown Challenge; reaching a decision about winners was incredibly difficult!
Seb (7SWJ) for his fantastic rendition of Waterhouse’s ‘Lady of Shalott’. His consideration of light, composition and colour was extremely successful.
- Year 6 Winner: Moses (6CAL) with his replication of ‘The Son of Man’ by René Magritte
- Year 7 Winner: Lily (7CY) with her replication of ‘Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird’ by Frida Kahlo
- Year 8 Winner: Emil (8AFK) with his replication of ‘Marilyn Monroe’ by Andy Warhol
- Year 9 Winner: Anu (9RET) with her replication of ‘Louis Comfort Tiffany’ by Joaquín Sorolla
- Two Special Commendations: Siddiq (U6HMM) with his replication of ‘Thinking About Death’ by Frida Kahlo, and William (10RCW) with his replication of ‘Girl with a Pearl Earring’ (“Here I am the girl with a Bluetooth headphone”), by Johannes Vermeer.
Prizes will be winging their way to the winners after half term. Take a look at the winning entries below, or check out the PowerPoint on Firefly for a full insight into the submissions.
Ms MacMillan (Head of Art)