At the end of August, Kate Broadbent (Year 10) spent a week playing with the National Youth Percussion Orchestra (NYPO) remotely.
Following a week of coaching and recording to click tracks, NYPO premiered two concerts on YouTube and Facebook:
- Steve Reich’s ‘Electric Counterpoint’ (featuring Kate playing marimba)
- Jan Bradley’s ‘In-line’ (featuring Kate playing the drumkit)
Over the summer, she also took part in the following virtual performances:
- Jess Gillam’s virtual scratch orchestra’s performance of ‘Let it Be’
- Jess Gillam’s virtual scratch orchestra’s performance of ‘Where Are We Now?’
- ABRSM’s Make Music Day
- The National Children’s Orchestra’s ‘Online Mambo’
Kate’s been very busy making music during lockdown!