On Wednesday 26th May the Virtual Trinity Schools Book Award Ceremony for 2021 takes place at 4.15pm-5.30pm. It is being hosted by Ibstock School, which we will be able to watch live and online. This is a non-compulsory school event, but as many pupils have read all or many of the books via the Seven Book Challenge, this is an opportunity to see the big event finish.
The following authors will be in attendance and answering questions:
- Sharma Jackson, author of High Rise Mystery
- Kenneth Oppel, author of Inkling
- Bali Rai, author of Now or Never: A Dunkirk Story
- Victoria Williamson , author of The Fox Girl and the White Gazelle
The ceremony will be streamed on Vimeo.Com and pupils have two ways of watching it:
- As it starts at 4.15pm, those who live close to school can view it from home.
- Alternatively, for those who cannot get home by 4.15pm, we will be setting up Year 6, 7 and 8 ‘bubbles’ in the library so it can be watched there. Pupils will need their own tablet and headphones.
If you would like to watch from home, or encourage a pupil to view it, please contact email@example.com for the Vimeo password on the day of the event.
As well as the Q&A with the authors, the event features the pupil prize awards (four Emanuel pupils are entered), short films showing some of the entries and snippets of pupils reading from their reviews. We will also find out which of the seven books picked up most votes and is crowned TSBA champion for 2021.
Event Programme and Approximate Timings:
4.15pm Welcome from Chris Wolsey, Headmaster and Helen Cleaves, Librarian
4.20pm Q & A with Shortlisted Authors chaired by Anna Cairns, Head of English
4.55pm Student Competition Celebration and Winners Announced
5.15pm TSBA Winner Announced
5.25pm TSBA 2022 Launch
It is regrettable that this event, originally scheduled in March, has been moved to Lower School exam week. However, we still hope that many pupils will have the time to log in – particularly academic scholars, competition entrants and many others who have read the shortlisted books. It should be a very nice diversion from revision!
Please email Mr Jones should you need any further clarifications.
Mr Jones (Senior Librarian & Archivist)